Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Eastern Washington

(Eastern Washington Summer Sunset Photo by: Doe)
I take photos through my windshield a lot.  Sometimes, I just can't help it. Its evenings like the one in this photo in which I am thankful for the beautiful part of the country I live in.  My dad always said that Eastern Washington, Eastern Oregon, Idaho and Montana were 'God's Country.'  Maybe all of us feel as if our little part of the world is 'God's Country,' and although sometimes people who have not grown up here cannot see it, but I can't help but be thankful for the beauty found here in the high desert.

This photo was taken last summer on a night Critter and I took our flower girls out for a pizza dinner. I could've very well not been paying attention to the weather because we were having such fun with the girls, but we need to remember to be thankful not only for those in our lives who enrich it but for the amazing beauty that surrounds us when we are together. Its all of this together that makes life beautiful.

2 comments: