Monday, January 17, 2011

Project Monday - Custom Deer Art

About a year or two ago I wanted to find some unique artwork for Critter and my bedroom. I couldn't find what I had spinning around in my head so I just decided to create something on my own.  Our bedroom walls are painted a deep olive green with a color called Pine Brook. 

It keeps the room feeling warm, cozy and dark. Since our room is small and all we really do in there is sleep we wanted a room that would stay dark even when it is light outside.  It worked. However, we still wanted to decorate the room of course. Its just one of those things. And although we have yet to complete the room decor we do have painted walls and we have art! 

I freehand drew a sillouette of a buck and a doe. They are a bit abstract, which is exactly the look I was going for. I wanted a bit of whimsy. I then found material scraps in the colors I liked and using the drawings, I cut out the deer. I then stretched and stapled material onto some old poster frames I had in the garage and then gave it a few coats of paint.  After the paint dried I glued the deer onto the canvases I created and did a light watery silver paint wash over the top. Then I aged them with some of Critter's boot polish. 

 Here's how they turned out hanging on our pre-Pine Brook colored walls. They hang above our headboard.  


(Doe & Buck Pictures)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment